Spring is a beautiful time of year. Trees and flowers are blooming. Everything is bursting with bloom and the renewal of life. We begin to be more active and start to clean our homes as spring begins. With the event of spring it brings pollen. I’m sure I don’t have to tell you that pollen is sticky. It seems to be sticking on cars, sidewalk, and most everything. So, here is a tip to help keep your garage door sensors working properly this spring.
- Check the garage door sensors if you have an opener. They are located on the inside rails about 6” from the ground.
- Check the small LED lights to see if they are illuminated. Both lights should light up.
- Visually inspect for loose or broken wire connections. If any are found, give us a call to replace them.
- Clean the lens with a soft cloth and make sure they are free of cobwebs, dust, and pollen. Be careful not to knock them out of alignment.
- Close the door using your remote make sure everything is working properly.